Dear parents and carers,
Below is a link to a brief parent survey regarding the full opening of school this September. It should only take about five minutes to do. We would appreciate as many families as possible filling in the survey. We will look at the results early on Monday so please complete the survey by Sunday evening.
I thought it might be useful for you to be aware at this stage of some of the detail that we are working our way through. As we explained in the newsletter, although we are confident we can open safely for all children in September, the logistical challenges we are trying to solve to do this are significant. These include, but are not limited to, the following considerations:
- How to get all children into school as safely as possible, including how to operate a staggered start and end to the day (we currently do this from 9am – 9.30am and 3pm – 3.30pm)
- How bubbles of children will operate
- Lunch provision and the shared use of the playground for play, lunch breaks and PE (lunch is currently served in class and from September it is likely to be a combination of some lunches in the dining hall and some in class)
- Safety measures within the school and classrooms , e.g. hand-washing, distancing, use of equipment, movement around the site, etc.
- Staff deployment, including cover arrangements and the teaching of PE, music, assemblies etc.
- Arrangements for Breakfast Club
As well as creating a plan to effectively deal with these logistical challenges we are thinking through how to ensure our curriculum is as effective as possible in supporting children to successfully return to school as well as what our contingency plans would be if there was another lockdown at some stage.
The survey results will help us to fine-tune these plans. We will write to parents next week with our draft proposals for how we will tackle the main issues and what actions we propose.
Here is the link to the survey:
Thanks again for your ongoing support.