The Parent Teacher’s Association (PTA) is here to foster close links between families and carers and the School. It also helps raise a lot of money!
Keep an eye on the newsletters for details of PTA events.
Roles in the PTA
A Summary of the Chair’s Job
- Provide leadership
- Set the agenda for meetings and manage them
- Welcome and involve new members
- Work closely with the committee to ensure the PTA is run effectively Write the annual report with the Secretary
- Sign cheques for the PTA with one other committee member
A Summary of the Secretary’s Job
- Call meetings, and prepare agendas and minutes of meetings
- Deal with correspondence
- Ensure good communication between committee members, the PTA and the school Book events
- Co-sign cheques as required
- Write the annual report with the Chair
A Summary of the Treasurer’s Job
- Maintain the financial records
- Report income and expenditure at meetings Liaise with the bank
- Make regular and other payments
- Prepare and co-sign cheques as required Count and bank money raised
- Prepare annual accounts
My son – Sebastian Morley – was a pupil at Ashmead. He has written a children’s book and we would like to have a table at the Christmas fayre on 7th Dec so he can sell signed copies. Please let me know how we go about this. Thank you.